SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION
Washington, D.C. 20549
Pursuant to Section 13 or Section 15(d) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934
Date of Report (Date of earliest event reported): September 15, 2021
FINTECH ACQUISITION CORP. V
(Exact name of registrant as specified in its charter)
(State or other jurisdiction of
incorporation or organization)
|(Commission File Number)||
2929 Arch Street, Suite 1703
|(Address of principal executive offices)||(Zip Code)|
Registrant’s telephone number, including area code: (215) 701-9555
(Former name or former address, if changed since last report)
Check the appropriate box below if the Form 8-K filing is intended to simultaneously satisfy the filing obligation to the registrant under any of the following provisions:
|☒||Written communications pursuant to Rule 425 under the Securities Act (17 CFR 230.425)|
|¨||Soliciting material pursuant to Rule 14a-12 under the Exchange Act (17 CFR 240.14a-12)|
|¨||Pre-commencement communications pursuant to Rule 14d-2(b) under the Exchange Act (17 CFR 240.14d-2(b))|
|¨||Pre-commencement communications pursuant to Rule 13e-4(c) under the Exchange Act (17 CFR 240.13e-4(c))|
Securities registered pursuant to Section 12(b) of the Act:
Title of each class
|Trading Symbol(s)||Name of each exchange on which registered|
|Units, each consisting of one share of Class A common stock and one-third of one redeemable warrant||FTCVU||NASDAQ Capital Market|
|Class A common stock, par value $0.0001 per share||FTCV||NASDAQ Capital Market|
|Warrants, each whole warrant exercisable for one share of Class A common stock||FTCVW||NASDAQ Capital Market|
Indicate by check mark whether the registrant is an emerging growth company as defined in Rule 405 of the Securities Act of 1933 (§230.405 of this chapter) or Rule 12b-2 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 (§240.12b-2 of this chapter).
Emerging growth company ☒
If an emerging growth company, indicate by check mark if the registrant has elected not to use the extended transition period for complying with any new or revised financial accounting standards provided pursuant to Section 13(a) of the Exchange Act. ☐
Item 1.01. Entry into a Material Definitive Agreement.
On September 15, 2021, FinTech Acquisition Corp. V (“we,” “us” or the “Company”) issued a convertible promissory note (the “Promissory Note”) to FinTech Masala, LLC (the “Lender”), an affiliate of the Company’s sponsors, FinTech Investor Holdings V, LLC and FinTech Masala Advisors V, LLC. Pursuant to the Promissory Note, the Lender agreed to loan us up to an aggregate principal amount of $750,000. The Promissory Note is non-interest bearing and all outstanding amounts under the Promissory Note will be due on the date on which we consummate a business combination (the “Maturity Date”). If we do not consummate a business combination, we may use a portion of any funds held outside the trust account into which we have placed the proceeds of our initial public offering to repay the Promissory Note; however, no proceeds from the trust account may be used for such repayment. If such funds are insufficient to repay the Promissory Note, the unpaid amounts would be forgiven. All or a portion of the amounts outstanding under the Promissory Note may be converted on the Maturity Date into units at a price of $10.00 per unit at the option of the Lender. The units would be identical to the Company’s outstanding private placement units. On September 15, 2021, we borrowed $300,000 under the Promissory Note.
Item 2.03. Creation of a Direct Financial Obligation or an Obligation under an Off-Balance Sheet Arrangement of a Registrant.
See the information set forth in Item 1.01 of this Current Report on Form 8-K, which is incorporated herein by reference.
Item 9.01. Financial Statements and Exhibits.
Promissory Note dated September 15, 2021 made by FinTech Acquisition Corp. V to the order of FinTech Masala, LLC.
|104||Cover Page Interactive Data File (embedded within the Inline XBRL document).|
Cautionary Statements Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This Current Report on Form 8-K includes “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the safe harbor provisions of the United States Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Certain of these forward-looking statements can be identified by the use of words such as “believes,” “expects,” “intends,” “plans,” “estimates,” “assumes,” “may,” “should,” “will,” “seeks,” or other similar expressions. These statements are based on current expectations on the date of this Form 8-K and involve a number of risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results to differ significantly. These risks include the risk factors set forth in the Company’s Annual Report on Form 10-K/A for the year ended December 31, 2020 and in the Registration Statement on Form F-4 filed by eToro Group Ltd. (“eToro”) and other documents should be carefully considered, if and when filed by eToro or the Company from time to time with the SEC. If any of these risks materialize or these assumptions prove incorrect, actual events and results could differ materially from those contained in the forward-looking statements. There may be additional risks that neither eToro nor the Company presently know or that eToro and the Company currently believe are immaterial that could also cause actual events and results to differ. In addition, forward-looking statements reflect eToro’s and the Company’s expectations, plans or forecasts of future events and views as of the date of this Current Report on Form 8-K. eToro and the Company anticipate that subsequent events and developments will cause eToro’s and the Company’s assessments to change. While eToro and the Company may elect to update these forward-looking statements at some point in the future, eToro and the Company specifically disclaim any obligation to do so, unless required by applicable law.
The Company does not assume any obligation to update or revise any such forward-looking statements, whether as the result of new developments or otherwise. Readers are cautioned not to put undue reliance on forward-looking statements.
Additional Information About the Transactions and Where to Find It
On March 16, 2021, the Company and eToro entered into an Agreement and Plan of Merger (the “Merger Agreement”) among eToro, Buttonwood Merger Sub Corp., a direct, wholly-owned subsidiary of eToro (“Merger Sub”), and the Company, which provides for, among other things, the merger of Merger Sub with and into the Company (the “Merger”), with the Company surviving as a wholly-owned subsidiary of eToro (the “Business Combination”). eToro has filed a registration statement on Form F-4 with the SEC, which includes a preliminary proxy statement/prospectus to be distributed to the Company’s stockholders in connection with its solicitation of proxies for the vote by the Company’s stockholders with respect to the Business Combination. After the registration statement has been declared effective, the Company will mail a definitive proxy statement/prospectus to its stockholders as of the record date established for voting on the Business Combination and the other proposals regarding the transactions contemplated by the Merger Agreement as set forth in the proxy statement/prospectus. eToro or the Company may also file other documents with the SEC regarding the Business Combination.
Participants in Solicitation
eToro and the Company and their respective directors and executive officers may be deemed to be participants in the solicitation of proxies from the Company’s stockholders in connection with the Business Combination under the rules of the SEC. The Company’s stockholders, eToro’s shareholders and other interested persons may obtain, without charge, more detailed information regarding the names, affiliations and interests of directors and executive officers of eToro and the Company in the Company’s Annual Report on Form 10-K/A for the year ended December 31, 2020 or eToro’s Registration Statement on Form F-4, as applicable, as well as their other filings with the SEC. Other information regarding persons who may, under the rules of the SEC, be deemed the participants in the proxy solicitation of the Company’s stockholders in connection with the Business Combination and a description of their direct and indirect interests, by security holdings or otherwise, is included in the preliminary proxy statement/prospectus and will be contained in other relevant materials to be filed with the SEC regarding the Business Combination (if and when they become available). Free copies of these documents can be obtained at the SEC’s website at www.sec.gov.
Pursuant to the requirements of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, the registrant has duly caused this report to be signed on its behalf by the undersigned hereunto duly authorized.
|Dated: September 15, 2021||FINTECH ACQUISITION CORP. V|
|By:||/s/ James J. McEntee, III|
|Name:||James J. McEntee, III|
THIS NOTE HAS NOT BEEN REGISTERED UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT OF 1933, AS AMENDED (THE “SECURITIES ACT”). THIS NOTE HAS BEEN ACQUIRED FOR INVESTMENT ONLY AND MAY NOT BE SOLD, TRANSFERRED OR ASSIGNED IN THE ABSENCE OF REGISTRATION OF THE RESALE THEREOF UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT OR AN OPINION OF COUNSEL REASONABLY SATISFACTORY IN FORM, SCOPE AND SUBSTANCE TO THE MAKER THAT SUCH REGISTRATION IS NOT REQUIRED.
Issue Date: September 15, 2021
New York, New York
FinTech Acquisition Corp. V (the “Maker”) promises to pay to the order of FinTech Masala, LLC (the “Payee”) the principal sum of up to SEVEN HUNDRED FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS ($750,000) (the “Maximum Principal Amount”) in lawful money of the United States of America, on the terms and conditions described below.
1. Principal. The Payee shall be obligated to lend to the Maker amounts up to the Maximum Principal Amount. The principal balance of this Note, as reflected on Schedule A hereto (such Schedule to be updated from time to time by the Maker as amounts are borrowed from the Payee up to the Maximum Principal Amount) shall be repayable on the date (the “Maturity Date”) on which Maker consummates a merger, capital stock exchange, asset acquisition, stock purchase, reorganization or similar business combination with one or more businesses (the “Initial Business Combination”). No amount shall be due under this Note if such Initial Business Combination is not consummated on or before the 24 month anniversary of the date of the completion of the Maker’s initial public offering (“IPO”).
2. Interest. This Note shall bear no interest.
3. Application of Payments. All payments shall be applied first to payment in full of any costs incurred in the collection of any sum due under this Note, including (without limitation) reasonable attorneys’ fees, then to the payment in full of any late charges and finally to the reduction of the unpaid principal balance of this Note.
4. Conversion. At the Maturity Date, by providing written notice to Maker, Payee may elect to convert any portion or all of the amount outstanding under this Note into units of the entity surviving or resulting from the Initial Business Combination at a conversion price of $10.00 per unit. The terms and conditions of such units shall be as described in the registration statement and prospectus filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission in connection with the IPO (together, the “Registration Statement”).
5. Events of Default. The following shall constitute Events of Default:
(a) Failure to Make Required Payments. Failure by Maker to pay the principal of, or other payments on, this Note within five (5) business days following the date when due.
(a) Upon the occurrence of an Event of Default specified in Section 5(a), Payee may, by written notice to Maker, declare this Note to be due and payable, whereupon the principal amount of this Note, and all other amounts payable under this Note, shall become immediately due and payable without presentment, demand, protest or other notice of any kind, all of which are hereby expressly waived, anything contained herein or in the documents evidencing the same to the contrary notwithstanding.
7. Waivers. Maker and all endorsers and guarantors of, and sureties for, this Note waive presentment for payment, demand, notice of dishonor, protest, and notice of protest with regard to this Note, all errors, defects and imperfections in any proceedings instituted by Payee under the terms of this Note, and all benefits that might accrue to Maker by virtue of any present or future laws exempting any property, real or personal, or any part of the proceeds arising from any sale of any such property, from attachment, levy or sale under execution, or providing for any stay of execution, exemption from civil process, or extension of time for payment; and Maker agrees that any real estate that may be levied upon pursuant to a judgment obtained by virtue hereof, on any writ of execution issued hereon, may be sold upon any such writ in whole or in part in any order desired by Payee.
8. Unconditional Liability. Maker hereby waives all notices in connection with the delivery, acceptance, performance, default, or enforcement of the payment of this Note, and agrees that its liability shall be unconditional, without regard to the liability of any other party, and shall not be affected in any manner by any indulgence, extension of time, renewal, waiver or modification granted or consented to by Payee, and consents to any and all extensions of time, renewals, waivers, or modifications that may be granted by Payee with respect to the payment or other provisions of this Note, and agrees that additional makers, endorsers, guarantors, or sureties may become parties hereto without notice to them or affecting their liability hereunder.
9. Notices. Any notice called for hereunder shall be deemed properly given if (i) sent by certified mail, return receipt requested, (ii) personally delivered, (iii) dispatched by any form of private or governmental express mail or delivery service providing receipted delivery, (iv) sent by facsimile or (v) sent by e-mail, to the following addresses or to such other address as either party may designate by notice in accordance with this Section:
If to Maker:
FinTech Acquisition Corp. V
2929 Arch Street, Suite 1703
Philadelphia, PA 19104-2870
Attention: Douglas Listman
If to Payee:
FinTech Masala, LLC
3 Columbus Circle, 24th Floor
New York, NY 10019
Attention: Amanda Abrams and Mehar Jagota
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Notice shall be deemed given on the earlier of (i) actual receipt by the receiving party, (ii) the date shown on a telefacsimile transmission confirmation, (iii) the date on which an e-mail transmission was received by the receiving party’s on-line access provider, (iv) the date reflected on a signed delivery receipt, or (vi) two (2) business days following tender of delivery or dispatch by express mail or delivery service.
10. Construction. THIS NOTE SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND ENFORCED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK, WITHOUT REGARD TO CONFLICT OF LAW PROVISIONS THEREOF.
11. Severability. Any provision contained in this Note which is prohibited or unenforceable in any jurisdiction shall, as to such jurisdiction, be ineffective to the extent of such prohibition or unenforceability without invalidating the remaining provisions hereof, and any such prohibition or unenforceability in any jurisdiction shall not invalidate or render unenforceable such provision in any other jurisdiction.
12. Trust Waiver. Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, the Payee hereby waives any and all right, title, interest or claim of any kind (“Claim”) in or to any distribution of the trust account in which the proceeds of Maker’s IPO and the proceeds of the sale of the securities issued in a private placement consummated concurrently with the Maker’s IPO have been deposited, as described in greater detail in the Registration Statement, and hereby agrees not to seek recourse, reimbursement, payment or satisfaction for any Claim against the trust account for any reason whatsoever.
13. Amendment; Waiver. Any amendment hereto or waiver of any provision hereof may be made with, and only with, the written consent of the Maker and the Payee.
14. Assignment. No assignment or transfer of this Note or any rights or obligations hereunder may be made by any party hereto (by operation of law or otherwise) without the prior written consent of the other party hereto and any attempted assignment without the required consent shall be void.
[Signature Page Follows]
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, Maker, intending to be legally bound hereby, has caused this Note to be duly executed the day and year first above written.
|FINTECH ACQUISITION CORP. V|
|By:||/s/ James J. McEntee III|
|Name:||James J. McEntee III|
|September 15, 2021||FinTech Masala, LLC||$300,000|