UNITED STATES SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION
Washington, D.C. 20549
Pursuant to Section 13 or 15(d) of the
Securities Exchange Act of 1934
Date of Report (Date of earliest event reported): June 20, 2019
REDHAWK HOLDINGS CORP.
(Exact name of registrant as specified in its charter)
|(State of Incorporation)||(Commission File Number)||
120 Rue Beauregard, Suite 206, Louisiana 70508
|(Address of principal executive offices) (Zip Code)|
(Company's telephone number, including area code)
(Former name or former address, if changed since last report)
Check the appropriate box below if the Form 8-K filing is intended to simultaneously satisfy the filing obligation of the registrant under any of the following provisions:
☐ Written communications pursuant to Rule 425 under the Securities Act (17 CFR 230.425)
☐ Soliciting material pursuant to Rule 14a-12 under the Exchange Act (17 CFR 240.14a-12)
□ Pre-commencement communications pursuant to Rule 14d-2(b) under the Exchange Act (17 CFR 240.14d-2(b))
☐ Pre-commencement communications pursuant to Rule 13e-4(c) under the Exchange Act (17 CFR 240.13e-4(c))
Securities registered pursuant to Section 12(b) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934:
|Title of each class||Trading Symbol(s)||Name of each exchange on which registered|
Indicate by check mark whether the registrant is an emerging growth company as defined in Rule 405 of the Securities Act of 1933 (§230.405 of this chapter) or Rule 12b-2 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 (§240.12b-2 of this chapter).
Emerging growth company ☐
If an emerging growth company, indicate by check mark if the registrant has elected not to use the extended transition period for complying with any new or revised financial accounting standards provided pursuant to Section 13(a) of the Exchange Act. ☐
Item 1.01. Entry into a Material Definitive Agreement.
On June 20, 2019, RedHawk Holdings Corp. (the “Company”) entered into a Stock Exchange Agreement (“Exchange Agreement”) with Beechwood Properties, LLC (“Beechwood”). G. Darcy Klug, the Company’s Chairman of the Board, Interim Chief Executive Officer and Chief Financial Officer, is the sole member and manager of Beechwood. Under the Exchange Agreement, the Company purchased from Beechwood 113,700,000 shares of the Company’s common stock, $0.001 par value per share (“Common Stock”), in exchange for 1,277 shares of the Company’s 5% Series A Preferred Stock (“Series A Preferred Stock”) and a Stock Purchase Warrant (“Warrant”) to acquire 113,508,450 shares of Common Stock at an exercise price of $0.005 per share (collectively, the “Transactions”). The Warrant expires June 20, 2029.
Concurrent with the execution of the Exchange Agreement, holders of $574,250 aggregate principal amount of the Company’s 5% convertible promissory notes (“Notes”), including accrued interest, have converted their Notes into 114,849,929 shares of Common Stock.
Holders of the Series A Preferred Stock are entitled to receive cumulative dividends at a rate of 5% per annum, payable quarterly in cash, or at the Company’s option, such dividends shall be accreted to, and increase, the stated value of the issued Series A Preferred Stock (“PIK dividends”). Holders of the Series A Preferred Stock are entitled to votes on all matters submitted to stockholders at a rate of ten votes for each share of common stock into which the Series A Preferred Stock may be converted. After six months from issuance, each share of Series A Preferred Stock is convertible, at the option of the holder, into the number of shares of Common Stock equal to the quotient of the stated value, as adjusted for PIK dividends, by $0.015, as adjusted for stock splits and dividends.
The descriptions of the Exchange Agreement and Warrant are qualified in their entirety by reference to the copies of such documents filed herewith as Exhibit 10.1 and 10.2.
Item 3.02. Unregistered Sales of Equity Securities
The information disclosed under Item 1.01 is incorporated into this Item 3.02 in its entirety.
The securities issued in the Transactions were issued in reliance upon an exemptions from the registration requirements of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the “Securities Act”), as set forth in Section 4(a)(2) of the Securities Act and Rule 506(b) of Regulation D promulgated thereunder.
Item 9.01. Financial Statements and Exhibits.
|10.1||Stock Exchange Agreement entered into June 20, 2019, by and among RedHawk Holdings Corp. and Beechwood Properties LLC|
|10.2||Warrant Agreement entered into June 20, 2019, by and among RedHawk Holdings Corp. and Beechwood Properties LLC|
Pursuant to the requirements of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, the registrant has duly caused this report to be signed on its behalf by the undersigned hereunto duly authorized.
|Date: June 24, 2019||
RedHawk Holdings Corp.
|By:||/s/ G. Darcy Klug|
|Name:||G. Darcy Klug|
|Title:||Interim Chief Executive Officer and Chief Financial Officer|
STOCK EXCHANGE AGREEMENT
This STOCK Exchange Agreement (the “ Agreement ”), is made effective as of June __, 2019 by and between Beechwood Properties, a Louisiana limited liability company (“ Seller ”), and RedHawk Holdings Corp. , a Nevada corporation (“ Buyer ” or, the “ Corporation ”).
WHEREAS, Seller is the beneficial owner of 351,131,839 shares of the Corporation, including 114,336,144 common shares which shares comprise approximately 14.1% of the total outstanding common stock thereof;
WHEREAS, G. Darcy Klug, Acting Chief Executive Officer, Chief Financial Officer, and Chairman of the Board, is the sole member and manager of Seller;
WHEREAS, the disinterested directors of the Corporation have approved the actions and transactions described herein; and
WHEREAS, on the basis of the representations, warranties and covenants, and subject to the conditions stated herein, Buyer desires to purchase the Stock (as defined below) from Seller, and Seller desires to sell the Stock (as defined below) to Buyer in an exchange transaction (the “ Acquisition ”) upon the terms hereinafter set forth.
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual agreements and covenants contained herein, and for other valuable consideration, the receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, the parties agree as follows:
1. ARTICLE I
In addition to terms defined elsewhere in this Agreement, when capitalized in the Agreement, the following terms shall have the definitions set forth below:
|(a)||“ Act ” means the Securities Act of 1933, as amended.|
|(b)||“ Closing ” means the closing of the purchase and sale of the Stock pursuant to the terms and conditions set forth in the Agreement, which shall take place at the offices of the Corporation on the Closing Date.|
|(c)||“ Closing Date ” means the date of execution of this Agreement.|
|(d)||“ Seller’s Knowledge ” means the actual and constructive knowledge of Seller that a particular event, circumstance, condition, liability, obligation or agreement exists.|
|(e)||“ Stock ” means 113,700,000 shares of common stock of the Corporation owned by the Seller|
2. ARTICLE II
Purchase of Stock
SECTION 2.1 Purchase of Stock . On the basis of the representations, warranties and covenants, and subject to the terms and conditions herein stated, on the Closing Date and at the Closing, Seller sells to Buyer, and Buyer purchases from Seller, the Stock.
SECTION 2.2 Purchase Price . On the Closing Date and at the Closing, Buyer will deliver to Seller 1,277 shares of Series A Preferred Stock of the Corporation (the “ Purchase Price ”) and the Stock Purchase Warrant attached hereto as Exhibit A.
SECTION 2.3 Surrender of Stock . On the Closing Date and at the Closing, Seller shall deliver to Buyer, Seller’s certificate representing the Stock duly endorsed for transfer to Buyer in the appropriate number of shares or with a duly executed stock power attached providing for the appropriate transfer of shares to Buyer.
3. ARTICLE III
Representations, Warranties and Covenants of Seller
Seller, as an inducement to Buyer to enter into and perform this Agreement, represents, warrants and covenants to Buyer that the statements set forth below in this Article III are correct and complete.
SECTION 3.1 Authorization; Validity.
(a) Seller is the owner of the Stock being delivered herein and Seller has full right and authority to transfer the Stock to Buyer pursuant to this Agreement free and clear of all pledges, liens, options, charges, encumbrances, claims, assessments, conditions and restrictions of any kind whatsoever.
(b) This Agreement is a legal, valid and binding agreement of Seller, enforceable against Seller in accordance with its terms.
SECTION 3.2 Brokers; Finders . Seller has not employed and is not subject to any claim of any broker, finder, consultant or intermediary in connection with the transactions contemplated by this Agreement who might be entitled to a fee or commission from Buyer upon the consummation of the transactions contemplated hereby.
SECTION 3.3 Compliance with Securities Laws . Seller acknowledges that the Stock has not been registered under the Act or under any state securities or blue sky laws, and to Seller’s Knowledge, Seller is not under any obligation to do so. Seller has such knowledge and experience in financial and business matters, or has been advised by a representative with such knowledge and experience in financial matters, that he is capable of evaluating the merits and risks of the transaction contemplated by this Agreement.
SECTION 3.4 Further Assurances . Seller agrees that from time to time, whether at or after the Closing Date, he will execute and deliver such further instruments of conveyance and transfer and take such other action as Buyer may reasonably request to convey and transfer the Stock to Buyer more effectively. Seller agrees that he will not take any action which will prevent his performance of this Agreement in accordance with its terms.
SECTION 3.5 Disclosure . No representation, warranty, covenant or statement made by Seller in this Agreement contains or will contain any untrue statement of a material fact or omits or will omit to state a material fact required to be stated therein or necessary to make the statements contained therein not misleading.
4. ARTICLE IV
Representations, Warranties and Covenants of Buyer
Buyer, as an inducement to Seller to enter into and perform this Agreement, represents, warrants and covenants to Seller that the statements set forth below in this Article IV are correct and complete.
SECTION 4.1 Authorization; Validity .
(a) Buyer has full right and authority to transfer to Seller pursuant to this Agreement free and clear of all pledges, liens, options, charges, encumbrances, claims, assessments, conditions and restrictions of any kind whatsoever.
(b) Buyer has full power and authority to execute, deliver and perform this Agreement and has taken all actions necessary to authorize such execution, delivery and performance of this Agreement.
(c) This Agreement is a legal, valid and binding agreement of Buyer, enforceable against Buyer in accordance with its terms.
SECTION 4.2 Brokers; Finders . Buyer has not employed and is not subject to any claim of any broker, finder, consultant or intermediary in connection with the transactions contemplated by this Agreement who might be entitled to a fee or commission from the Seller upon the consummation of the transactions contemplated hereby.
SECTION 4.3 Further Assurances . Buyer agrees that from time to time, whether at or after the Closing Date, he will execute and deliver such further instruments of conveyance and transfer and take such other action as Buyer may reasonably request to convey and transfer the Membership Interest to Seller more effectively. Buyer agrees that he will not take any action which will prevent his performance of this Agreement in accordance with its terms. Buyer covenants to take all commercially reasonable steps to authorize sufficient common stock to allow for full exercise of the Stock Purchase Warrant attached hereto as Exhibit A.
SECTION 4.4 Disclosure . No representation, warranty, covenant or statement made by Buyer in this Agreement contains or will contain any untrue statement of a material fact or omits or will omit to state a material fact required to be stated therein or necessary to make the statements contained therein not misleading.
5. ARTICLE V
Survival of Representations,
Warranties and Covenants; Indemnifications
SECTION 5.1 Survival . The representations, warranties and covenants including or provided for herein, or in the exhibits or other instruments or agreements delivered or to be delivered pursuant hereto, shall survive the Closing.
SECTION 5.2 Indemnification . After the Closing Date, each party shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the other against all claims, loss, damage, expense or liability, including reasonable attorney’s fees arising out of the breach of any of the terms, conditions, warranties, representations or covenants made herein.
6. ARTICLE VI
Specific Performance; Amendment
SECTION 8.1 Specific Performance . Each of the parties hereto shall be entitled to specific performance of this Agreement upon compliance with all its terms, covenants and conditions.
SECTION 8.2 Amendment and Modification . This Agreement may be amended, modified or supplemented only by written agreement of Seller and Buyer at any time prior to the Closing with respect to any of the terms contained herein.
7. ARTICLE VII
SECTION 9.1 Counterparts . This Agreement may be executed in one or more counterparts, all of which shall be considered one and the same agreement, and shall become effective when one or more counterparts have been signed by each of the parties and delivered to the other party.
SECTION 9.2 Governing Law . This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Nevada without reference to the choice of law principles thereof.
SECTION 9.3 Entire Agreement . This Agreement contains the entire agreement between the parties and there are no agreements, understandings, representations or warranties between the parties other than those set forth or referred to in this Agreement.
SECTION 9.4 Notices . Any notice, request, demand or consent required or permitted to be given pursuant to any provision of this Agreement or any other documents delivered in connection herewith shall be deemed to have been sufficiently given or served for all purposes thereof when hand delivered, including, but not limited to, any delivery by any next day delivery courier service which delivery shall be deemed to be hand delivered for the purposes of this Agreement, or, if mailed, three (3) days after being deposited in the mails, postage prepaid, by registered or certified mail, return receipt requested, addressed to the party for whom intended at the following addresses:
120 Rue Beauregard, Suite 206
|Lafayette, Louisiana 70508|
|With a copy to:||
Beechwood Properties, L.L.C.
Post Office Box 53929
Lafayette, Louisiana 70505
Alan A. Lanis, Jr.
2049 Century Park East Suite 2900
Los Angeles, CA 90067
SECTION 9.5 Successors and Assigns . This Agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the parties hereto and their respective heirs, personal representatives, successors and assigns.
SECTION 9.6 Execute Other Documents . The parties agree to execute such other documents and take such actions as may be reasonably requested to carry out the purposes and intent of this Agreement.
SECTION 9.7 Captions; Gender . Captions to sections herein are for purposes of reference only and in no way shall limit, define or otherwise affect the provisions hereof. Words importing the singular number include the plural and vice versa, and words importing the masculine gender include the feminine and neuter genders and vice versa, where the context so requires.
SECTION 9.8 Attorney Fees . The parties agree that all reasonable attorney fees in connection with this transaction shall be incurred by the Corporation.
SECTION 9.9 Exhibits . The exhibits attached hereto shall be construed with and as an integral part of this Agreement to the same effect as if the contents thereof had been set forth verbatim herein.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, this Agreement has been signed on behalf of each of the parties as of the day first above written.
|RedHawk Holdings Corp.||Beechwood Properties, L.L.C.|
/s/ ROBERT H. RHYNE, JR
G. DARCY KLUG
|Name & Title: Robert H. Rhyne, Jr., Director||G. Darcy Klug, Manager|
IRREVOCABLE STOCK POWER
FOR VALUE RECEIVED, the undersigned, Beechwood Properties, L.L.C., does hereby sell, assign and transfer unto the individuals listed below 113,700,000 shares of common stock of RedHawk Holdings Corp., a Nevada corporation (the “ Corporation ”), standing in the name of the undersigned on the books of said Corporation represented by Account #1070408 held by ClearTrust, LLC, as follows:
|Beechwood Properties, L.L.C.||113,700,000|
The undersigned does further hereby irrevocably constitute and appoint the Company’s duly appointed transfer agent, then acting, from time to time, as attorney to transfer the said number of shares stated above on the books of the Corporation with full power of substitution in the premises.
Dated: June 20, 2019
|Beechwood Properties, L.L.C.|
G. Darcy Klug
|G. Darcy Klug, Manager|
REDHAWK HOLDINGS CORP.
THIS WARRANT HAS NOT BEEN REGISTERED UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT OF 1933 (THE “ ACT ”) OR ANY APPLICABLE STATE SECURITIES LAWS. NO SALE OR DISPOSITION OF THIS WARRANT OR THE SECURITIES ISSUABLE UPON ITS CONVERSION MAY BE EFFECTED WITHOUT AN EFFECTIVE REGISTRATION STATEMENT RELATED THERETO OR AN OPINION OF COUNSEL FOR HOLDER, SATISFACTORY TO THE COMPANY, THAT SUCH REGISTRATION IS NOT REQUIRED UNDER THE ACT OR RECEIPT OF A NO-ACTION LETTER FROM THE SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION AND ANY APPLICABLE STATE SECURITIES DIVISIONS.
REDHAWK HOLDINGS CORP.
Issuance Date: June 20, 2019
The following is a statement of the rights of the holder of this Warrant and the conditions to which this Warrant is subject, and to which the Holder hereof, by the acceptance of this Warrant, agrees:
For value received Beechwood Properties, L.L.C., and its permitted assigns (“ Holder ”), is entitled to subscribe for and purchase, subject to terms and conditions set forth herein, 113,508,450 shares of the Common Stock, (each a “ Warrant Share ”), of RedHawk Holdings Corp., a Nevada corporation, at the Warrant Price. As used herein, “ Warrant Price ” means $0.005 per Warrant Share.
1. Method of Exercise; Payment .
(a) In consideration of services performed by Holder as a member of the Board and as an officer, the Company and Holder agree that this Warrant shall vest immediately upon the Company having sufficient shares of common stock authorized by the Company’s Articles of Incorporation, as amended from time to time, to accommodate such exercise. The Company covenants to take all commercially reasonable steps to authorize sufficient common stock to accommodate such exercise.
(b) The purchase right represented by this Warrant may only be exercised by Holder, in whole or in part, prior to the Expiration Date (as defined herein) by the surrender of this Warrant and the execution and delivery of a Notice of Exercise in the form attached hereto as Exhibit A (“ Notice of Exercise ”) at the principal office of the Company, and by the payment to the Company in cash of an amount equal to the then applicable Warrant Price multiplied by the number of Warrant Shares being purchased. Upon any valid exercise of the rights represented by this Warrant, certificates for the Warrant Shares so purchased shall be delivered to Holder as soon as practicable or in the case of uncertificated Warrant Shares, the Company’s stock ledger shall be updated to reflect the issuance of such Warrant Shares as soon as practicable. Such exercise shall be deemed to have been made immediately prior to the close of business on the date of surrender of this Warrant and the delivery of the validly executed notice of exercise.
(c) Notwithstanding Section 1(a) to the contrary, the Holder may elect to exercise all or a portion of its rights to acquire Warrant Shares without the payment of any additional consideration by surrendering this Warrant to the Company (together with the Notice of Exercise) (i.e., a cashless exercise) (“ Warrant Conversion ”). If the Holder elects to pay the Warrant Price through a Warrant Conversion, the Company shall deliver to the Holder (without payment by the Holder of any cash or other consideration) that number of shares of Common Stock under the following formula:
X = (Y * (A – B)) / A
X = the total number of Warrant Shares to be issued pursuant to this Section 1(b).
Y = the total number of Warrant Shares the Holder elects to exercise.
A = the Fair Market Value of one Warrant Share at the time the election is made pursuant to this Section 1(b) .
B = the Warrant Price.
For purposes of this Warrant, “ Fair Market Value ” means, as of the date of computation, the value determined in good faith by the Company’s board of directors (“ Board ”). The Board may employ other outside experts and independent consultants at the expense of the Company to assist in the valuation process and shall be fully justified in relying on the statements, findings or opinions of any such experts selected with reasonable care. In connection with the determination of Fair Market Value, the Board and any such outside experts and independent consultants shall permit the Holder to present written, oral and such other information deemed relevant by the Holder as to the determination of Fair Market Value, and the Board and all such experts and consultants shall consider such evidence in good faith.
2. Adjustment of Warrant Price and Number of Warrant Shares . If, as a result of any distribution (whether in the form of cash, common stock, other securities, or other property), stock split, reverse stock split, recapitalization, reorganization, merger, consolidation, split-up, split-off, spin-off, combination, repurchase, or exchange of common stock or other securities of the Company, issuance of warrants or other rights to purchase common stock or other securities of the Company at a de minimis price, or any other similar corporate transaction, change, or event, an adjustment is necessary in order to prevent dilution or enlargement of the benefits or potential benefits intended to be made available under this Warrant, then the Company shall, in such manner as is equitable, adjust any or all of: (i) the number and class or type of Warrant Shares, and (ii) the Warrant Price. Notwithstanding with foregoing, this Warrant shall not be adjusted solely to prevent ownership dilution or economic dilution resulting from the sale by the Company of equity securities, options, or warrants to purchase equity securities, or securities convertible into equity securities, for a cash investment in an arms-length transaction negotiated by the Company in good faith. Holder shall take the same risks as holders of equity securities of the Company that the value of Company’s equity securities might fall.
3. Notice of Adjustments . Whenever the number of Warrant Shares or Warrant Price shall be adjusted pursuant to Section 2 hereof, the Company shall issue to Holder a certificate signed by its chief executive or financial officer setting forth, in reasonable detail, the event requiring the adjustment, the amount of the adjustment, the method by which such adjustment was calculated, and a summary of the adjusted terms.
4. Shares Fully Paid; Reservation of Warrant Shares . The Warrant Shares will, upon issuance, be fully paid and nonassessable, and free from all taxes, liens, and charges (other than restrictions on future transfers under applicable federal and state securities laws) with respect to the issue thereof. The Company shall reserve and set aside a sufficient number of shares of Common Stock to provide for the exercise of the rights represented by this Warrant.
5. Fractional Shares . No fractional Warrant Shares will be issued in connection with any exercise hereunder, but in lieu of such fractional shares the Company shall make a cash payment therefor on the basis of the Warrant Price then in effect.
6. Purchase and Transferability of Warrant Shares . With respect to any offer, sale, or other disposition of this Warrant or the Warrant Shares, Holder by acceptance hereof agrees to be bound by the restrictions set forth in this Warrant, specifically:
(a) Notwithstanding any provision hereof to the contrary, no exercise of the Warrant into any equity securities of the Company will be made unless the Company determines (acting in a commercially reasonable manner) that such exercise can be made under exemptions from registration or qualification of such exercise under applicable securities laws without the creation of any offering memorandum prescribed by such laws unless at the time of such exercise the Company already has completed such a memorandum and such exercise would be exempt from registration and qualification by, among other things, delivery of such memorandum to Holder.
(b) Holder represents and agrees that this Warrant and the Warrant Shares issuable upon exercise of this Warrant are and will be purchased only for investment, for Holder’s own account, and without any present intention to sell or distribute this Warrant or the Warrant Shares. Holder further acknowledges that the Warrant Shares will not be issued unless the issuance and delivery of the Warrant Shares shall comply with all relevant provisions of law, and other applicable federal and state securities laws and regulations.
(c) Holder acknowledges and agrees that this Warrant and the Warrant Shares have not been and will not be registered under the Act and, accordingly, will not be transferable except as permitted under the various exemptions contained in the Act, or upon satisfaction of the registration and prospectus delivery requirements of the Act, and subject to Section 8 below. Holder further acknowledges and agrees that only the Company may file a registration statement with the Securities and Exchange Commission (“ SEC ”) and the Company is under no obligation to do so with respect to the Warrant Shares, nor does it have any obligation to file any other disclosure statement with the SEC with respect thereto.
7. Representations of Holder . The Holder represents and warrants that it is acquiring the Warrant and the Warrant Shares solely for its account for investment and not with a view to or for sale or distribution of said Warrant or Warrant Shares or any part thereof. The Holder also represents that the entire legal and beneficial interests of the Warrant and Warrant Shares the Holder is acquiring is being acquired for, and will be held for, its account only. The Holder understands that the Warrant and the Warrant Shares have not been registered under the Act, on the basis that no distribution or public offering of the securities of the Company is to be effected. The Holder realizes that the basis for the exemption may not be present if, notwithstanding its representations, the Holder has a present intention of acquiring the securities for a fixed or determinable period in the future, selling (in connection with a distribution or otherwise), granting any participation in, or otherwise distributing the securities. The Holder has no such present intention. The Holder recognizes that the Warrant and the Warrant Shares must be held indefinitely unless they are subsequently registered under the Act or an exemption from such registration is available. The Holder recognizes that the Company has no obligation to register the Warrant or the Warrant Shares of the Company, or to comply with any exemption from such registration. The Holder is aware that neither the Warrant nor the Warrant Shares may be sold pursuant to Rule 144 adopted under the Act unless certain conditions are met, including, among other things, the existence of a public market for the Warrant Shares, the availability of certain current public information about the Company and the resale following the required holding period under Rule 144. Holder is aware that the conditions for resale set forth in Rule 144 have not been satisfied and that the Company presently has no plans to satisfy these conditions in the foreseeable future. The Holder understands and agrees that all certificates evidencing the Warrant Shares to be issued to the Holder, if any, may bear the following legend: “The securities represented by this certificate have not been registered under the Securities Act of 1933 (the “ Act ”) or state securities laws, and cannot be offered, sold or otherwise transferred in the absence of registration or the availability of an exemption from registration under the Act, regulations promulgated thereunder, and applicable state securities laws.”
8. Assignment of Warrant . The Holder may not transfer this Warrant or Warrant Shares to a third party without the prior written consent of the Company, not to be unreasonably withheld, conditioned or delayed. Notwithstanding the first sentence of this Section 8 , the Holder shall have the right to transfer and assign this Warrant (a “ Permitted Transfer ”) without any consent of the Company to a Permitted Transferee (as defined below), provided , however , that such Permitted Transfer must be effected in accordance with any applicable securities laws, and if requested by the Company, Holder shall deliver an opinion of counsel acceptable to the Company to that effect. Each new Warrant issued upon any transfer of this Warrant shall bear a legend as to the applicable restrictions on transferability to ensure compliance with the Act, unless in the opinion of counsel for the Company such legend is not required to ensure compliance with the Act. The Company may issue stop transfer instructions to its transfer agent, if any, in connection with such restrictions. Subject to the foregoing, transfers of this Warrant or Warrant Shares shall be registered upon registration books maintained for such purpose by or on behalf of the Company. Prior to presentation of this Warrant or Warrant Shares for registration of transfer, the Company shall treat the registered holder hereof as the owner and holder of this Warrant for all purposes whatsoever. The term “ Warrant ” as used in this Section 8 includes any Warrants issued in substitution for or replacement of this Warrant or into which this Warrant may be divided or exchanged. “ Permitted Transferee ” means, as to any Holder, any of the following: (i) if a natural person, his/her ancestors, descendants, siblings, or spouse, any executor or administrator of his/her estate, any custodian, trustee (including a trustee of a voting trust), executor, or other fiduciary primarily for the account of such Holder or his/her ancestors, descendants, siblings, or spouse, whether step, in-law or adopted, and, in the case of any such trust or fiduciary, to the Holder who transferred this Warrant to such trust or fiduciary, but only with respect to transfers made for bona fide estate planning purposes, either during his/her lifetime or on death by will or intestacy; (ii) with respect to any Holder which is an entity, (A) the then existing members, shareholders or other investors in the Holder in connection with the dissolution or winding-up of the Holder or otherwise, or (B) any person in connection with any consolidation or reorganization of the Holder directly or indirectly with or into one or more other investment vehicles; or (iii) any affiliate of the Holder (other than any investment portfolio company of the Holder that is an affiliate) which controls, is controlled by or is under common control with the Holder. This provision shall in no way affect the restrictions on transfer and other terms and conditions contained in Section 6 of this Warrant.
9. Rights as a Stockholder . This Warrant shall not (a) entitle Holder to be deemed a stockholder of the Company for any purpose; (b) confer upon the Holder of this Warrant, as such, any of the rights of a stockholder of the Company or any right to vote for the election of directors or upon any matter submitted to stockholders at any meeting thereof; (c) entitle Holder to give or withhold consent to any company action (whether upon any recapitalization, issuance of shares, reclassification of shares, consolidation, merger, conveyance, or otherwise); or (d) entitle Holder to receive notice of meetings or to receive distributions or subscription rights until the Warrant shall have been exercised and the certificates representing the Warrant Shares purchasable upon the exercise hereof shall have been issued, or in the case of uncertificated Warrant Shares, the Company’s stock ledger updated, as provided herein.
10. Reorganization Event .
(a) For purposes of this Warrant, a “ Reorganization Event ” shall mean (i) any transaction in which all or substantially all of the Company’s assets are acquired, or any transaction in which more than 50% of the Company’s outstanding equity interests acquired, directly or indirectly, by any person other than those persons who are the stockholders of the Company as of the “ Issuance Date ” of this Warrant; (ii) the dissolution or liquidation of the Company; or (iii) a merger or consolidation which is not within the scope of the transactions described in clause (i) above and in which the Company is not the surviving entity. Notwithstanding the foregoing, “Reorganization Event” shall not include a merger, consolidation, or conversion in which the surviving entity is owned and controlled by substantially the same persons, in substantially the same proportions, as the Company prior to such transaction.
(b) The Company shall provide the Holder with written notice of a Reorganization Event. Such notice shall be given not later than 20 days prior to the stockholders’ meeting called to approve such transaction (if any) or 20 days prior to the closing of such transaction, whichever is earlier. The Company shall also notify the Holder in writing of the final approval of such transaction. The first of such notices shall describe the material terms and conditions of the contemplated transaction.
(c) Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, the Holder’s right to exercise this Warrant in whole or in part shall automatically be fully exercisable immediately prior to the occurrence of a Reorganization Event, and shall automatically terminate immediately prior to the consummation of a Reorganization Event. To exercise Holder’s Warrant rights immediately prior to the consummation of a Reorganization Event, the Holder must, not later than ten days prior to the closing of such transaction, surrender the Warrant to the Company, deliver a validly executed notice of exercise to the Company in the form attached hereto as Exhibit A , and deliver the required payment to the Company. The exercise of this Warrant shall be conditioned upon the closing of such transaction, in which event the Holder shall not be deemed to have exercised such Warrant until immediately prior to the closing of such transaction. If the transaction does not occur for any reason, the Company shall promptly return to the Holder this Warrant and the amount of payment received from the Holder for the exercise of his, her, or its rights hereunder.
11. Term and Termination; Automatic Warrant Conversion .
(a) Subject to Section 10(c) , the term of this Warrant shall be for ten years, commencing on the Issuance Date and ending on the ten-year anniversary of the Issuance Date, (the “ Expiration Date ”).
12. Miscellaneous .
(a) Any provision of this Warrant may be amended, waived or modified upon the written consent of the Company and Holder.
(b) This Warrant shall be governed by the internal laws of the State of Nevada, without regard to principles of conflicts of laws.
(c) Wherever possible, each provision of this Warrant shall be interpreted in such manner as to be effective and valid under applicable law, but if any provision of this Warrant shall be prohibited by or invalid under applicable law, such provision shall be modified to the extent of such prohibition or invalidity, without invalidating the remainder of such provision or the remaining provisions of this Warrant.
(d) This Warrant may be executed in two or more counterparts, including by electronic signature or scanned copy, each of which shall be deemed an original, but all of which together shall constitute one and the same instrument.
(e) All notices required or permitted hereunder shall be in writing and shall be deemed effectively given: (a) upon personal delivery to the party to be notified, (b) when sent by confirmed electronic mail or facsimile if sent during normal business hours of the recipient, if not, then on the next business day, (c) three days after having been sent by registered or certified mail, return receipt requested, postage prepaid, or (d) one day after deposit with a nationally recognized overnight courier, specifying next day delivery, with written verification of receipt. All communications shall be sent to the Company and to Holder at such addresses as the Company or Holder may designate by written notice to the other.
[ Remainder of Page Intentionally Left Blank ]
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties have executed this Warrant as of the date first written above.
|BEECHWOOD PROPERTIES, L.L.C.||REDHAWK HOLDINGS CORP.|
/s/ G. Darcy Klug
|By: /s/ Robert H. Rhyne, Jr.|
|G. Darcy Klug, Manager||Name & Title: Robert H. Rhyne, Jr., Director|
NOTICE OF EXERCISE
TO: REDHAWK HOLDINGS CORP.
The undersigned hereby elects to purchase __________ shares of Common Stock of RedHawk Holdings Corp. pursuant to the terms of the foregoing Warrant. In connection with such exercise, the undersigned (check one):
☐ tenders herewith payment of the Warrant Price in full by wire transfer of immediately available funds to the Company’s account; or
☐ pursuant to the terms of the Warrant Conversion contained in Section 1(b) of the Warrant.
Please issue a certificate or certificates representing said securities in the name of the undersigned or in such other name as is specified below:
The undersigned represents that the aforesaid Warrant Shares are being acquired for the account of the undersigned for investment and not with a view to, or for resale in connection with, the distribution thereof and that the undersigned has no present intention of distributing or reselling such shares. In support thereof, the undersigned agrees to execute an investment representation statement in a form reasonably requested by the Company as a condition to the exercise herein noticed.